Once you know what kind of wedding venue you’d like and how to find a wedding venue, it’s helpful to know what questions to ask your wedding venue before you sign on the dotted line.
As you’re touring venues, bring the list of questions below to ask the venue manager:
- How many guests does the venue accomodate? Is all necessary seating provided? What about parking?
- Does the venue host more than one wedding on the same day?
- What will your access to the venue be on the day of your wedding, including set-up and cleanup time?
- Does the venue provide an in-house coordinator?
- Does the venue have an in-house caterer / baker, and if so are you required to use their services?
- Is there a bridal suite for the bride and bridesmaids to get dressed? What about the groom and groomsmen?
- Will you be able to host a rehearsal and / or rehearsal dinner there the night before your wedding?
- Are local permits required for lights and sound?
- If it’s an outdoor venue, is there a back-up location in case of rain?
- Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
The answers to these questions will factor into whether or not the venue is the right wedding venue for you. If it’s helpful, review the list of questions to ask your wedding venue with your fiance before touring each venue to make sure that you are on the same page regarding your venue needs. Before you book your venue, make sure you read our guide on what to look for in your wedding venue contract.